Who can file a complaint?
Any user can file a complaint. User means anyone who is receiving, has received or should have received services from a health and social services institution, as well as anyone requiring such services.
The representative of a user can also file a complaint, as can the heirs or the legal representatives of a deceased user.
For which services can complaints be filed?
A complaint may be filed against any service provided by:
- a public institution such as a hospital center, a medical clinic, a residential and extended care center, a youth center or a rehabilitation center;
- a foster family or a foster home attached to a public institution;
- a private nursing home or private institution recognized by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux;
- a regional board;
- a community organization covered by the Act with respect to Health Services and Social services;
- an enterprise or organization linked to an institution or regional board by a contract or service agreement;
- an ambulance company (pre-hospital emergency services).